Vlaanderen
OVAM Toon navigatie menu

Skellet

Sustainable steel construction

Brief description of services

Skellet is the lightest and most sustainable steel structure in the world. Skellet stimulates designers, in fact it’s like Meccano for adults. Skellet is an integral part of the world of circular construction.

Why is the product or service circular?

Skellet is a steel load-bearing structure for buildings, and it can be completely disassembled. 95% of the parts are be reused immediately, while the remaining 5% are completely recyclable. There’s a high probability that Skellet will be reused. The load-bearing structure can be modified during the lifespan of the building.

Which circular strategies are applied?

  • Reduce total amount of materials:Skellet load-bearing structures are on average 50% lighter than traditional steel load-bearing structures with the same stability. The necessity for new steel production is reduced by 50%.
  • Extend the useful life: 95% of the parts are directly reusable. There’s a high probability that Skellet will be reused. The load-bearing structure can be modified during the lifespan of the building.
  • Maximise the reusability of a product or component: 95% of the parts can be reused immediately. There’s a high probability that Skellet will be reused.
  • Maximise the reusability or recyclability of material: The remaining 5% are completely recyclable.

What are the benefits for purchasers?

Skellet steel structures are cheaper than the traditional alternatives. The residual value of the load-bearing structure at the end of the building’s lifespan is high. There’s a high probability that Skellet will be reused or sold via the second-hand market, because Skellet can be used in such a wide range of applications.

Skellet

Sectors Construction

Ambitions

A. Reduce total amount of materials
C. Extend the useful life
D. Maximise the reusable of a product or component
E. Maximise the reusability or recyclability of materials